Sunday, June 9, 2013

The Anime Nostalgia Podcast ep 01 - Convention Talk with CandyAppleCat


It's finally here! The revamped Anime Nostalgia Podcast! In this episode, I talk to longtime fan & friend of mine, Heather (aka @CandyAppleCat). She's been going to A-kon longer than I have (since I just moved here about 5 years ago), so we talk about this years A-kon as compared to ones prior. I pick Heather's brain about how she got into anime, her feelings on fansubbing today, and various similar topics--as well as the recent resurgence of popularity for things like Ranma 1/2, Sailor Moon, and Rose of Versailles. Sit down and listen in!

  

Or [ Direct Download ]

If you listened to my Pilot episode (Ep. 0), you'll notice the format is different than the "review" episode I did. Fear not, review episodes will still be similar (though with considerably less music). I just thought it'd be fun to alternate between reviews and talking with guests from time to time.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy! Feel free to leave me your thoughts, opinions, and ideas for future episodes, and thanks for listening!

2 comments:

  1. Just found this podcast and I am absolutely hooked already (starting from the beginning!). As someone who was not even born during the early era of Anime and only just caught the tail end of the Naruto/Bleach era I have a wonderful fascination with that time. I'm in my early 20's so a lot of these concepts are a bit foreign to me but I am excited to dive deep into early anime culture. I can't wait to learn more about those who paved the way and to tackle on this everlasting podcast. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind words! I'm not super fond of my early episodes anymore since I feel I've grown so much as a podcaster since then, but I'm extremely happy that you can still enjoy them, and hope you stick around!

      Delete