Friday, February 13, 2015

The Anime Nostalgia Podcast - Ep 24

image
iTunes subscribers! Be sure to go to the blog to read the description easier & check out links for this episode!

Presenting the first of an ongoing series here at The Anime Nostalgia Podcast: The Saturday Anime series! Every so often, I'll be highlighting one of the anime titles that we remember from Sci-Fi Channel back in the 90s. And what better way to kick off this pre-Valentine's episode by talking about a movie I love with someone I love! Returning guest Nitro is back to talk about the classic 80s anthology film Robot Carnival.


Stream the episode above or [Direct Download]
You can also now subscribe on itunes!

Relevant links:
* Previous episode with guest Zee on general Saturday Anime talk
* Buy the original Streamline Robot Carnival English VHS on Amazon
* Watch Cartoon Network's promo for "Night of the Vampire Robots"
* Follow Discotek Media on Facebook for updates on their upcoming Robot Carnival re-release
* Follow guest Nitro on Twitter

As always, feel free to leave me your thoughts and ideas for future episodes here, or email directly at AnimeNostalgiaPodcast@gmail.com.

Thanks for listening!

2 comments:

  1. Great episode! I just rewatched this. Like you two, I initially saw this as a kid in the 90s... I specifically remember seeing it on VHS before it aired on cable.

    So...it seemed like you guys thought Starlight Angel was maybe not so well received by U.S. fans, or at least that's the perception??

    That specific segment has been the most memorable for me, by far... twenty years later it's still burned into my memory...

    I suppose a huge part of this comes down to personal taste, etc; but the whole visual aesthetic, the sound, etc almost perfectly encapsulates everything that appeals to me most in anime (especially anime of that period...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! So glad you enjoyed it!
      I personally seemed to know a lot of people who didn't like Star Light Angel as much, but I always did! It's a lovely segment. I totally agree with you!

      Delete