Thursday, March 2, 2023

Memorial Stream for the Legendary Leiji Matsumoto


Hello, friends! This month on the Anime Nostalgia Podcast, I’m going to try something different. In honor of the passing of the iconic Leiji Matsumoto, I’ll be live streaming a fan memorial with translator Zack Davisson on March 19th, 2023 at 7PM Pacific time on my personal Twitch account here. The first part of the stream, Zack & I will be talking about Matsumoto’s life, his work, and why he is so important to fandom around the world. The second part of the stream, I want to open the floor to fans to share why they love Matsumoto’s work, why his stories were so special to them, or any other memories they’d like to share. I’ve decided that the best way to do this is by submitting written or recorded pieces from you, the fans! If you’d like to contribute to this part of the stream, feel free to either send a short recorded audio file for me to play on stream (preferably wav or mp3) OR, if you’d like me to read it for you, you can send short written submissions instead to AnimeNostalgiaPodcast(AT)gmail.com. Please get these written or recorded submissions emailed in by MARCH 17th, 2023 so that I have enough time to compile them all for the stream! Also, please note that depending on how many submissions I receive, I cannot promise I can share ALL of them, but I will try my best! You can also just come to the stream and chat with others about Matsumoto if you don’t feel like sharing anything personal. 

After the livestream, I’ll be releasing an edited version of the audio from the stream as this month’s podcast episode. So if you can’t make it, you’ll still be able to listen! 

Let’s all come together and share our love for the works of Leiji Matsumoto!


No comments:

Post a Comment