Wednesday, February 28, 2024

The Anime Nostalgia Podcast - ep 128: 50 Years of Black Jack with Clarissa

 


Subscribers! Be sure to go to the blog to read the description easier & check out links for this episode!

This episode is sponsored in part by Tokyo Treat! To get $5 your first box of delicious snacks & treats delivered from Japan straight to your door, AND to help support my little podcast, use code "NOSTALGIA" at my link here!

Over the winter, Japan celebrated the 50th anniversary of one of Osamu Tezuka's most beloved characters: Black Jack! And since it's one of my favorite manga, you know I had to do a podcast episode to celebrate! Joining me, on loan from the Anime World Order Podcast is fellow podcaster & Black Jack fan Clarissa! Listen as we talk about Black Jack's history, his similarities with Tezuka himself, and just why we love this iconic manga doctor as we try to convince you to give this wild medical manga a try.

Stream the episode above or [Direct Download]
Subscribe on apple podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify

Also, side note - Sadly, Discotek announced AS I WAS EDITING THIS EPISODE that their Black Jack The Movie bluray is going out of print....so pick it up while you still can!

Relevant links:

My theme song music was done by Kerobit! You can find more about them on their website!

Support the work I do on this podcast by leaving me a tip on Ko-fi! Want to have your name read in the special thanks segment on the next episode? All you need to do is buy me 2 or more “coffees” on Ko-fi!

As always, feel free to leave me your thoughts on this episode or ideas for future episodes here—or email me directly at AnimeNostalgiaPodcast@gmail.com.

Thanks for listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment