iTunes & Stitcher subscribers! Be sure to go to the blog to read the description easier & check out links for this episode!February 25, 2017 marks the 30th anniversary of Bubblegum Crisis’ original release in Japan! So to celebrate, I’ve invited Sean of Zimmerit.moe to talk all about it: the many western influences that inspired it, why it’s label of “cyberpunk” is a bit of a misnomer, and how some aspects of it were surprisingly progressive for an 80s OAV.
Stream the episode above or [Direct Download]
You can also subscribe on itunes!
- Buy AnimEigo’s official Bubblegum Crisis BD & DVD releases
- AnimEigo’s Bubblegum Crisis liner notes
- Buy the “sequels”: Bubblegum Crash, AD Police, & Tokyo 2040
- Raven’s Garage - The oldest BGC fansite & fansite archive still active
- Bubblegum Crisis content at Sean’s site, Zimmerit.moe
- My article “Alternate FutureScape: The Bubblegum Crisis We Never Got”, about an unused version of the series
- Follow Sean on Twitter!
Thanks for listening!