Saturday, August 24, 2013

The Anime Nostalgia Podcast ep 04

image
Gundam has been a staple in anime fans' libraries for generations now. But as time goes by, younger fans might not know much about it, or where to even start when it comes to Gundam's library of titles. Well, if you've never tried to tackle the world of Gundam, you're in luck! Resident Knower-of-all-things-Gundam and friend of mine Newtypelady has kindly offered to help explain some of the basics of the Gundam Universe for people (like me!) who might not know much, and want to know more (or for those who do, a walk down memory lane of all things Gundam, then and now). Also featured: laughing awkwardly about the terrible racism of G Gundam, comparing Gundam Wing to Sailor Moon, and singing about Haro.


Stream the episode above or [Direct Download]

Some links we mentioned in the podcast:
Buy Mobile Suit Gundam: The Movie Trilogy Box set!
Amazon / B&N (price has gone up a little higher than from when we recorded, so pick em up before they go even higher, folks!)

Buy Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket!
Amazon / B&N


Buy Vertical's Gundam: The Origin!
Vertical Publishing / B&N / Amazon


And watch official Gundam on Daisuki (along with other older titles!)
Specific links on my Old-School Anime Streams Master Post


As always, feel free to give me your thoughts and comments on this and for future episodes! Thanks for listening!

3 comments:

  1. I remember when the Zeta Gundam box set came out, I was a senior in high school, had my first car that I dumped money into, and got said money working my first job as a construction labor. So in other words, I was also too broke to pay the 200 something it was worth at the time.

    It wasn't until a year later or so is when the individual DVDs started to come out. I specifically remember when Best Buy had some of the volumes on clearance, which ment getting them for 6 bucks a pop was the best deal for me. I think I can say I did pretty well there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea... and look at how much there worth now.

    ReplyDelete