Saturday, November 23, 2013

The Anime Nostalgia Podcast ep 08

Anime music holds a special place in many fans' hearts, and we're no exception! Returning guests Nitro (who you might remember from the Studio Ghibli/Miyazaki ep) and CandyAppleCat (who was my first ever guest on ep #1!) discuss our Top 10 personal favorite opening & ending theme songs with me from older anime. Listen to us ramble about some of our favorite songs and the anime they came from--the good, the bad, and the downright awful. What will we pick? You'll have to listen to it all to hear our lists!


Stream the episode above or [Direct Download]

Some links we mentioned in the podcast:
On Youtube - Kasho No Tsuki Theme by Nakamura YurikoThe somewhat obscure (but very lovely!) ending theme to the OAV of the same name.

On Youtube - Macross: Angel's Voice
And amazing fan creation mixing Basara (of Macross 7) and Minmay (of Macross) vocals of "Angel Voice" to create a beautiful duet between the two.


On Youtube - Mari Ijima Rock Masters 5 "Do You Remember Love?"
Mari Ijima performs a piano-only version of the classic "Do You Remember Love?" for Japan's Rock & Folk Masters Live.


As always, feel free to give me your thoughts and comments on this and for future episodes! Thanks for listening!

2 comments:

  1. I know I'm 6 years late to the party lol but I listened to this and really enjoyed it. I won't do the "what, no Two-Mix?" comment Zach joked about lol even though Just Communication is a banger. I was surprised the theme from Evangelion didn't make it onto anyone's lists! Perhaps that would be better suited for an iconic songs episode.

    Anyway, this episode was so much fun to listen to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! I guess none of us were in an Eva mood at the time, though I do really love that song. What a jam!

      Glad to know you enjoyed this old episode, even though it was from my baby podcasting days! :)

      Delete