Friday, June 4, 2021

This month on the podcast: EPISODE #100!

This month on the podcast, I'm celebrating my 100th episode AND Viz's new release of the original manga with an episode all about the post-apocalyptic world of the iconic 80s classic manga & anime, Fist of The North Star! And joining me from the far-off future of 199X will be Grant from The Blade Licking Thieves podcast! I'll also be giving away a copy of the upcoming first volume of the manga (and some other goodies!) to one lucky winner (living in the United States) thanks to the fine folks at Viz Media, so you'll have to listen to the episode to find out how to win it. 😉

Got any questions for this episode? Leave a comment, or email directly at AnimeNostalgiaPodcast@gmail.com!

Want a shout-out in the Special Thanks segment of my 100th episode? Just leave a tip of 2 or more "coffees" at my ko-fi account here!

Be sure to get your questions & ko-fi tips in before June 11th, 2021!

2 comments:

  1. Yay, I ma so excited about this podcast :D :D :D. Two of my favorites in one spot!

    Ok, question: How do you feel about how the difference between how the manga and anime inserted Kenshiro's backstory? The anime giving it to you right away and the manga leading up to it through episodic desert adventures?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's amazing that for the anime they were able to take Hara's designs, which by no means should work in animation, and made them actually work. Didn't character designer Masami Suda basically train himself to draw just like Hara for the adaptation?

    ReplyDelete